18 November 2012

Book Swap Update

My book arrived!!  I'm surprised it made it so quickly as there are things I'm waiting for that were ordered up to 2 months ago.  Anyway, I'm super excited!


The book my swap partner Angie chose for me is Over the Edge of the World by Laurence Bergreen.  It came with a note saying she read this book while hiking at the bottom of the Grand Canyon.  I love that this book has an attachment for her.  I have a lot of book-place associations.  Many of my memories of certain places have to do with what I was reading there and many of my memories of certain books have to do with where I was when I was reading them. 

Angie said she looked at my goodreads list for ideas.  I'll admit, goodreads is something I started years ago and very quickly abandoned (unlike Angie who has hundreds of books listed in hers).  But she said from that very meager list she deduced that I like non-fiction. Which is true. And this is a book I've never even heard of so that makes it more exciting. There's a very real chance that none of what I need to get done today will get done as it's a dreary day (shocking for here, I know) and I have a brand new book that I can't wait to start reading.  Thanks so much, Angie!!  And thanks again to Jessica for organizing the whole swap.  I can't wait for the next one (did I say that already?  Well, it's still true!).

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that! I recently received a kindle as a gift while I enjoy it I still like to hold a book and one with a previous attachment is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited you finally got it! I really hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete