15 November 2012

Blogger Book Swap

Jessica over at Sweet Green Tangerine hosted a fabulous blogger book swap.

 Photobucket

She paired up her readers and, after gathering as much info as you could about your partner from their blog/FB/goodreads/twitter you were supposed to pick a book and send it to them.  I was paired up with Angie who doesn't have a blog but is phenomenal about keeping her goodreads updated.  We've read a lot of the same books...A LOT. That left me fairly confident that I could pick a book she'd like.  I just hoped it wasn't a book she had either read and I missed on her list or that my pick wasn't something she hadn't already read because she didn't want to read it.

I sent her one of my most favorite books: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.  Because mail has been even slower than usual here lately (and that was before hurricane Sandy stranded all our mail service) I had the book sent to her from the US.  I would have liked to have sent her a Dutch goodie package with the book (Shhh, don't tell her I'm working on that now!) but there was a short timeline for the swap and I wanted her to get the book in time. Happily, she hasn't read it but wanted to (in fact, she thought she ordered the book and didn't realize it was from me).

I don't know what she sent me yet (that whole stranded mail situation) but I'll be sure to post about it when it finally arrives.  I'm excited to see what she picked!

Thanks to Jessica for hosting the swap.  I'm already looking forward to the next one!

3 comments:

  1. I love The Poisonwood Bible. Good choice!
    Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool that you participated from so far away! I have had The Poisonwood Bible on my to-read list for sooooo long. If you love it that much, maybe I'll have to move it up in my priorities. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Megan, I love it THAT much! Move it up the list!!! Her other books are fantastic as well.

      Delete