22 December 2012

Makeup Workshop...Really

When I received an email saying I'd won a makeup workshop I quite literally laughed out loud (as I'm sure some of you who know me are doing at the thought of me in makeup). 

This is me most of the time...no makeup.

The woman doing the workshop was a little unsure what to do with me since I told her I don't wear makeup (although I'm not sure why someone who does would need a workshop). I laughed when she said, "Your eyebrows I would...correct."  She's not the first person to want to "do something" with my eyebrows. She tried a couple times to convince me but really, I'm not into anything that has to be maintained.  She settled for "painting" them and said blonds really need to have well-shaped eyebrows because our complexion is so fair. Um, okay. That's not going to happen.

She also told me that, as a blond, I should either get my eye lashes permanently colored (I have no idea what that involves and can't even imagine it but I'm fairly certain it's not something I would ever want to do) or wear a lot of mascara.  She put the mascara on and my eye wouldn't stop watering. This made the mascara run and she had to keep cleaning it off. I can tell you I will not be wearing mascara! 

    
After
The one thing I do like is that the puffiness under my eyes is not nearly as visible.  Other than that, I can't wait to wash this junk off!  My eyes are not happy and I feel like my lashes weigh a ton.  Really, it's just not my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment