07 June 2012

Euro 2012 Starts Tomorrow

Football (soccer for those of you in the US) is kind of a big deal here.  And the European Football Championship is a really big deal.  The tournament finals, featuring 16 nations, start tomorrow.  I love seeing the national pride surrounding these games (it's similar to what happens in a city with a team in the Super Bowl but in this case it's the whole country).  Entire blocks will hang streamers and banners between the houses.  Cars and bikes and people are all decked out in Dutch orange and the red-white-blue of the flag.





I couldn't help getting into the spirit myself.

The dogs weren't given a choice but don't they look super cute?!?!
The Netherlands play their first game (against Denmark) on Saturday. I don't have TV so I can't watch the match but I'm sure I'll know what's happening just from the noise in the streets. Hup Holland Hup!

No comments:

Post a Comment