01 June 2014

A Visit Home - Sundays in My City

I got back last week from a trip back to the low lands. After living in the Netherlands for 3+ years it was a little odd to go back for a visit.  Odd in that I didn't feel like I was visiting. It just felt like I was back home. It's such a familiar place.  I don't have a lot of pictures from the trip since I mostly just visited with people but here are a few from Amsterdam (of course I went to Amsterdam!).

The World Press Photo Exhibit. My fourth year in a row.  Although this year it was at the Niewe Kerk (new church) as opposed to the Oude Kerk (old church).

I really liked the shadows on this already-interesting brick wall.







The visit was, of course, too short and made me long even more to return to life there.

Is there a place to which you long to return?

I recommend returning to Unknown Mami every Sunday for SIMC!

Unknown Mami

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, Amsterdam. Too many years I've visited there...hopefully back soon.
    Love your b&w shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures. They brought back memories from last year when we visited Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Amsterdam as well. Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always special when you find a place that feels like home even after you left.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos! I really like the building with the shadows too. It's so weird to go back for a visit and it feels like home. I feel like that about Boston. I love that city! and boy!!! would I just love to go to Amsterdam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, there are even local places I yearn to revisit as Bill's and my circumstances changed this past year, but mostly, my longing is to travel to other parts of the world. There is so much that I have yet to see. Your post was inspiring.. and so beautifully photographed.. the shadows that added geometric shapes to the building, the "future friendly" bikes, the shots along the canal (4th shot with traveling curves spectacular).. just so much to see and all packed into only a few photos. Wonderful visit. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shadow shot is terrific. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos of your trip. Who says you can't go home... :D
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete